What We Do
We’re working with you to shape the future of the South West region.
We’re a statutory authority of the State Government that strives to make the South West an even better place to live, work and invest.
We do so by partnering with communities, government, business and industry to identify and support projects that benefit the region.
Driving economic development outcomes is a core area of focus, with growth, internationalisation and diversification central to our strategic aims.
We take a holistic approach to ensuring the South West is a region of first choice, also working to improve quality of life, enhance liveability and maximise the unique qualities of the region.
Sometimes we lead projects like Transforming Bunbury’s Waterfront and the South West Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Hub proposal. Other times, we support projects and businesses through the provision of grants or assistance via our TradeStart and Local Content programs.
How we work
Our objectives are to:
- Maximise job creation and improve career
opportunities in the region
- Develop and broaden the economic base of the region
- Identify infrastructure services needed to promote economic and social development within the region
- Provide information and advice to promote business development within the region
- Seek to ensure that the general standard of government services and access to those services in the region is comparable to that which applies in the metropolitan area; and
- Generally take steps to encourage, promote, facilitate and monitor the economic development in the region
Our staff members work across the entire South West region of Western Australia, covering 23,970 square kilometres.
The way we work
We deliver outcomes for the region through four
- Business and Industry
- Infrastructure and Lands
- Strategic Projects and Grants
We are contracted by the Australian Trade Commission to deliver Austrade’s TradeStart services. We are also part of the State Government’s Local Content Adviser Network.