Work and play? You get the best of both worlds when you base your business or industrial operations in the South West of Western Australia.
The region is home to industry and businesses that are working on a global scale. And what’s more, workers enjoy the lifestyle benefits of living in a renowned lifestyle region.
Why invest in the South West?
Businesses choosing to locate to the South West enjoy the region’s strong economic growth, a skilled labour force, abundance of industrial land and close proximity to the expanding economies of South East Asia.
Diversity of jobs, the availability of strong business capabilities, and good community and business infrastructure are other factors that make the South West a great place to invest.
The South West’s attractive Mediterranean climate and lifestyle are also incentives to those considering a base in the region.
The South West is world-renowned as a quality tourist destination for both domestic and international visitors − and many people like the idea of making their stay in the region a permanent one. With world-class facilities and modern technology, doing business with the rest of the world from the South West is effortless.
The South West region of Western Australia has a diverse economy, established infrastructure and an enviable lifestyle. This makes it an ideal place to live and do business.
There are many reasons why people choose to do business here. The region’s comparative advantages make it attractive for investors:
- Favourable location − close proximity to the Western Australian capital city of Perth and the highly efficient port of Bunbury
- Timezone opportunities − Western Australia is the closest, most accessible Western region to Asia including economic hubs such as Singapore in South West Asia.
- Well-established supporting infrastructure − International port, water, power, gas, telecommunications, road, rail
- Suitable light and heavy industrial parks
- Rapidly growing population
- Highly skilled and capable workforce
- Industry responsive training
- An abundance of natural resources including lithium mineral concentrate, mineral sands, timber and silicon
- Centre of Western Australia’s power generation
- Productive agricultural land, timber production
- High quality regional capability to service industry
- Excellent living standards and lifestyle opportunities
- Low cost housing and land costs
- Support for business and industry through the Government of Western Australia