Local Content Adviser Program
The State Government has launched a Local Content Program to maximise the participation of local business in regional supply or works contracting opportunities.
Recognising that it can often be challenging for businesses to access and engage as a supplier, Local Content Advisers take a lead role in promoting supply opportunities and facilitating regional business capability and growth.
At a regional level, Local Content Advisers work with a range of stakeholders including government, industry groups and local businesses to tailor activities to respond to the unique requirements of their communities.
Your Local Content Adviser aims to:
- Connect local businesses to supply opportunities in the region
- Enable regional business to be competitive in regional procurement processes
- Inform the design of government procurement activities to maximise local business participation.
Your local content advisor
Local Content Advisers are available to provide advisory and referral services to businesses in your regional area.
Their focus is on helping support regional businesses compete for State Government supply opportunities.
This role is an essential component of the WA Industry Link initiative under the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017.
Your Local Content Adviser can assist with:
- Understanding how to sell to Government
- Find assistance to build supply chain capability and capacity
- Identify upcoming government supply opportunities
Identify State and Federal Government financial assistance programs
- Understand your rights and responsibilities under the Western Australian Jobs Act 2017 and the Western Australian Industry Participation Strategy
Facilitate connecting head contractors with subcontractors
- Participate in productivity and business capability activities to maximise local business participation.
WA Industry Link initiative
Local Content Advisor
In the South West, the Principal Local Content Advisor is: Janelle Price (pictured left in the above photo): 0448 016 458 or firstname.lastname@example.org